Saturday 20 May 2017

C4C-386 Sketch Birthday Flip-It Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our May 2017 Hostess is Barbara Anders, and our Guest Designer is Lori Tecler



Before I get to todays card I wanted to share the exciting news that Karen Burniston released yesterday. Rather than continuing to license her designs, she has branched out on her own in partnership with Tanya Kostynuk, who owns Riley & Company. You can find all the details HERE, including a couple of sneak peeks and a link to the new online shop (karenburniston.com) You are going to want to check it out! They are taking pre-orders and the dies will be shipping soon. Woot! Yessiree, my order has been placed.


Here is Barbara's sketch for us this week:



As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought it would great with the Spiral Circle Pull Card. When I went to get that die out, I spied my BigZ Flip-It and decided to use it instead. This Circle Flip-It card was my very first Flip-It purchase a few years ago and you can see what a monster it created, ha ha. I still love Flip-It and Z fold cards!!



As you can see, I made a birthday card - and am working WAAAAAAAY ahead. This is for my Mom to give our youngest Granddaughter's first Birthday which is still months away.




I am finding all kinds of ways to use the spinner that comes with Karen Burniston's Rectangle Pull Card, and there was just enough room above the circle here to use it to animate the Little Miss Sunshine label. Which is kind of appropriate as whenever I see Alma I say "Hello Sunshine". If Ilai is within hearing distance, he comes over and says to his baby sister "hallo sunshine' really softly. So sweet - he just melts my heart.






Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C386.

Supplies:
Circle Flip-Its - Sizzix
Patterned paper and stickers - Echo Park
White card stock
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Doily
Seam binding
Rectangle Pull Card (spinner), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Enamel Dot - Stampin' Up
Staedtler fine point markers
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card size - 5 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. clever to use the circle flip its die for this sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is so stunning!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!