Monday 28 August 2017

PLAY Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog and today's share is the Birthday card I've made for our Grandson Ilai. He will be three next month - how time flies.

I found this in my 'In Progress Bin'. The card base had been die cut and the journal cards & patterned paper/stickers were with it. I remember starting this card while we were out at our cabin, but for some reason didn't complete it when we got back home. Instead the pieces went into the bin.

The 'P is for play' Journal Card was fussy cut from a piece of patterned paper in the stack, and I added a metal spinner with a yellow brad.


Inside is a Pop-Up using one of Karen Burniston's older dies - the Lucy Label Pop-Up. I added a die cut 'Celebrate' from Karen Burniston's Word Set 2 - Birthday, and used a Lawn Fawn alphabet die for his name. The hand lettering was done on label dies from the Katherine Label Pop-Up.


The pole and banners come from the Lots of Pops die set - I added a little foot to the pole and was able to slide it down through the slot (slot dies come with the Lucy Label) and anchor it to the floor of the card.


The dog was stamped onto one of my Colorburst/Magical shaker backgrounds then fussy cut. I used Zig markers on his ears, eyelids, tongue and collar. White gel pen on his eyes and black glaze pen for his nose so it's nice and shiny. I actually stamped several of these Crazy Dogs onto the water coloured sheet - they are so bright and cheerful!



Supplies:
Patterned paper and stickers - Echo Park
Lucy Label Pop-Up - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - discontinued
Fun foam
Lots of Pops (pole and banners) - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) - discontinued
White card stock
Signo white gel pen
Black glaze pen - Sakura
Zig Clean Colour Markers (ears, eyes, collar and tongue)
Colorburst - Ken Oliver
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Crystal Nuvo Drops
Alpha dies - Lawn Fawn
Crazy Dog stamp - Stampers Anonymous 

Card size - 4-1/2 x 5-3/4"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!