Monday 6 November 2017

Sweater Weather Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I have a cheery Christmas card to share today.


The pattern paper has sparkly glittery bits - very festive. I've had this paper stack for several years, and it's another one that must reproduce in the cupboard because I rarely make a dent in it.


I created a little winter scene for Riley with trees from the Winter Charms set and an inked 'ground line'. The circle dies come from the Snowman Twist Circle, including the beaded circle! I love how all Karen Burniston's dies work so well together. The Pop-Up was created with the Cupcake Pop-Up and I trimmed the very tip of the icing off so it didn't show above the circle. That allowed me to nestle the decorated circle right down near the fold.


I used Basic Riley coloured with water colour pencils and a wet brush. I guess it wasn't dry enough when I dotted the eyes with the black glaze pen so it bled a little but I ended up liking the look. The dress-up set is called Winter Accessories for her scarf and ear muffs...


... and also the mittens holding the greeting and the sweet little mug.


The word stamps I've had in my collection and I was pleased with how well they worked with Dress Up Riley.

Supplies:
Basic Riley
Winter Accessories
Sakura black glaze pen
Derwent water colour pencils and water brush
White, green and red card stock
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Warm & Cozy - MFT Stamps
Snow much joy stamp - Hero Arts
Grey Copic

Card size - 4-1/2 x 5-1/2

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with wonderful papers!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely not sweater weather here hehe ... such an adorable card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!