Saturday 13 January 2018

C4C417 Masculine Birthday Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means there is a new challenge on the Crazy4Challenges Blog. Our hostess this month is Frances Byrne, and our guest designer is Elena Anderson.  Frances' Challenge this week is "Apparently today is Rubber Duckie Day ... let's celebrate by including a duck or two on our cards this week. Don't have anything duck related what about chickens, geese, turkeys etc."

I don't buy stamps or dies just to make a challenge card, and I don't like to make a challenge card just to make a card. I like to make my cards for specific people, for a specific reason or occasion and honestly? Right now I have no need for any kind of a rubber ducky card. When I first saw the challenge I figured I would just substitute a bird, but when I went to make my card I remembered this cool HEARTLAND stamp set by Stampin' Up with the boy and geese. So I didn't have to substitute after all and made a Z-fold birthday card for our son-in-law that works for the challenge!



I swiped two different Distress Oxide inks onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water, then dragged my stamped image through the ink. 



I added clear Nuvo Crystal Drops to the bottom left and top right corners - they are hard to see in the photos, but they catch the light when you look at the card in real life.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C417.


Supplies:
Wonky stitched rectangle dies - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - Graphic 45
Off white confetti card stock
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
HEARTLAND stamp - Stampin' Up
Distress Oxide inks
Birthday wishes stamp - MFT Stamps
All your tomorrows stamp - COLORFUL SEASONS, Stampin' Up
Twine
Nuvo Crystal Drops


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful card for men!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!